Except where expressly agreed otherwise by us in writing every member of The Deer Stalking HUB (“We”) shall be subject to the following terms and conditions. We reserve the right to use discretion in all matters relating to membership.
Information about us
We are The Deer Stalking Hub Ltd, a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 12132612 and have our registered office at 4 Heath Square, Boltro Rd, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, United Kingdom, RH16 1BL.
1. Applications: We reserve the right to reject within our reasonable discretion any application for membership of the club. Applications may be rejected where, for example, the applicant owes money to us, is of dubious reputation, has behaved in an unacceptable/dangerous way on a deer stalking outing, or is prohibited from possessing firearms or ammunition under section 21 of the firearms act 1968.
2. Membership is available to individuals who are 18 years of age or over. There are a number of membership options to choose from at different rates. A membership class may be upgraded at any time by contacting the office. Activities included in a class of membership are for a one year period; if members do not attend all activities included in their class of membership, unattended activities do not carry on over to the following year. All activities are subject to availability and we reserve the right to cancel, amend, suspend or withdraw activities at any time.
3. Membership: Membership starts from the date of our acceptance letter(email) and is for a minimum period of 1 year. Membership is personal to the member and cannot be transferred. A member may not loan his or her membership card or permit it to be used by anyone else.
4. All membership (and any other paid events that are purchased during the membership period) will be charged for using our secure GoCardless direct debit system. Payment for the first year is in full and thereafter charged quarterly in advance unless an alternative arrangement is agreed with the HUB’s secretary. A one-off joining fee may be applicable on purchase of a membership.
5. Upon joining or leaving the HUB’s membership, it is our policy to notify the member’s police licensing authority.
6. Termination: The membership of any member may be terminated
- Without notice if a member commits or repeated breach of the HUB’s rules as set out in these terms and conditions, the law, or specific conditions as stated at one of the HUB’s events.
- By notice in writing if any payments owing to the Deer HUB by a member remains unpaid 30 days after the due date for payment.
- Upon not less than 30 days’ notice in writing if we reasonably suspect that the member is causing undue upset or inconvenience to other club members or the HUB’s staff.
By the Member
- The member may terminate membership by giving at least 30 days prior written notice (by letter or email) following expiry of the initial one-year period (see above) to the HUB’s secretary. The membership fee will remain payable to the end of the quarterly payment period in which the member resigned. It will be the member’s responsibility to cancel any direct debits concerned.
7. Children: Deer HUB members, may by arrangement, bring children in their care, under the age of eighteen (18) to HUB events. Children must be accompanied by this adult member at all times. This adult member shall be responsible for the conduct and supervision of the child.
8. Conduct: Members are expected to behave in an orderly and lawful manner at all times during HUB events. Any damage caused by a member, due to negligence or misconduct, shall be paid for by the member.
9. Members may not participate in Deer HUB shooting events under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
10. Members must notify in writing to the Deer HUB secretary any changes to their name, address, contact details or bank details.
11. Any dispute or difference that may arise in regard to the interpretation of these rules shall be dealt with at the discretion of the HUB secretary.
12. Members Forum:
a) These content standards apply to any and all Content which you contribute to our site and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards.
- be accurate (where they state facts).
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
Contain any material which is defamatory of any person; Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory; Promote sexually explicit material; Promote violence; Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; Be likely to deceive any person; Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; Promote any illegal activity; Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
b) Private messaging
Our site may enable you to send private messages to other users. If it does do so, you agree that our acceptable use & content standard apply to any such private messages. For the avoidance of doubt, we have the power and right to access and review all private messages transmitted via our site and may do so in our sole discretion if we think it is necessary or if we receive a report of abuse from another user.
c) Content removal process
We may, but shall have no obligation to, monitor the Content published on our site and remove, edit and/or block, Content or accounts posting Content that we determine in our sole discretion violates these terms and conditions.
If you become aware of any Content which you believe may violate these Terms, is defamatory, offensive, illegal, or invades your privacy, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
We will review the Content in question and determine whether it should be removed. As ‘innocent disseminators’ of the Content on this site, our policy is to remove Content only when there is a clear legal obligation for us to do so – we will defend our users’ right to freedom of speech if we have sufficient reason to believe that content was posted in good faith, without malice and is the honestly held opinion of the author.
We will notify you of our decision as soon as reasonably practicable. If you disagree with our judgement on the removal of Content and still wish it to be removed, we ask that you follow the requirements of the Pre-Action Protocol for Defamation. It is advisable to seek legal guidance on this if necessary.
13. Changes to these terms and conditions. We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.