Our highly developed Competent Deer Stalker Foundation Skills Course teaches fundamental marksmanship techniques and knowledge that will provide you with a solid foundation at the beginning of your deer stalking journey. The course has been designed to improve your confidence and ability in using a deer legal rifle in the field and provide an essential repertoire of skills and knowledge that can be practically applied in the field.
In our intensive one day Competent Deer Stalker Foundations Skills Course*, you will learn:
* At the end of this course you will be confident in your rifle shooting skills to cleanly dispatch a deer, have a good understanding of ethical and sustainable deer management , be able to identify the different deer species and much more!! For people wishing to apply for a Firearms License now or in the future, you’ll know how to fill in the paperwork and be able to use the course certificate as proof of training.
Course Cost £495*
Included in the price:
- 8 hours of one on one training with one of our in house professionally qualified instructors/full time deer managers
- Use of a precision rifle/scope, binoculars, all ammunition and stalkers equipment
- 60 page full colour training manual
- PPE – ear and eye protection
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day
- Shooting and multiple choice theory test in the afternoon
- Competent Deer Stalker Foundation Skills Certificate
*No prior knowledge is required for this course, which is suitable for both novices, non FAC certificate holders and deer stalkers with some experience. A Gift Voucher is available to purchase this course.
Course + 2 Stalks Package £1045*
This package combines our highly popular Foundation Skills course with live deer stalking over two days. Day One is conducted in the afternoon/evening completing half of the course followed by a live stalking session until last light. Day Two (preferably the following day or another chosen date) starts with a live stalking session at first light, followed by breakfast and part two of the course.
*Package cost represents a saving of £40 on our standard costs. Stalking is on one of our many picturesque estates hunting for Fallow, Roe and Muntjac deer. There are no additional success, shot or trophy fees. Venison is available to purchase on the day. A Gift Voucher is available to purchase this package.
TO BOOK CALL 0203 995 5881 TODAY
Availability | Courses run Monday to Saturday each week throughout the year. Courses can usually be arranged with as little as 48 hours notice.
Participant Guidelines | Minimum age is 17 (children under 17 may attend with an adult, but will not be permitted to shoot). We are able to accommodate people with disabilities at some of our venues (please check when booking).
Duration | The course starts at 9am and finishes at 5pm (other times can be accommodated upon request).
Venue | We offer this training course in 9 locations in the South of England (see above) and is delivered in an outside environment, not in a classroom. For people with access to their own land, by arrangement we can also deliver this training at your location, please discuss with the office staff when you call.
To book your training day or to find out more about our the Competent Deer Stalker Foundation Skills Course email us or call 0203 995 5881 for more information